Submit an Event
To submit your event:
1. Review the Event Posting Guidelines.
2. Search the site to ensure the event has not already been posted.
3. Submit Event
Note: A message will appear that you can submit an event either by logging in or submitting anonymously. City of Wetaskiwin staff and partners require a log-in but members of the public should simply submit anonymously.
If you would prefer to fill out an event form in person you may do so at:
City Hall: 4705-50 Avenue
Chamber of Commerce: 4910-55A Street
Manluk Centre: 4514-50 Avenue
Access to the electronic form is also available via the public computers at:
Wetaskiwin Public Library
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your submission please contact us by filling out our online form.
Event Posting Guidelines
1Calendar.Wetaskiwin has been created to provide citizens and visitors a one-stop destination for all local events. This project is intended to be as inclusive as possible within practical and legal limitations. By posting to 1Calendar.Wetaskiwin, you agree that you read, understand, and fully comply with the following terms and conditions:
- All events posted must be open to the public.
- All events posted must be in Wetaskiwin or the Wetaskiwin region.
- All events posted must be tasteful and adhere to these posted guidelines. No events will be posted that:
- promote discrimination because of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sexual orientation, or gender;
- incite hatred or harm against identifiable groups or individuals;
- display pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- involve alcohol or tobacco that could be harmful to minors;
- knowingly promote illegal, false or misleading information.
- For-profit events will not normally be posted unless:
- the event cannot be construed as a corporate promotion;
- the anticipated attendance is more than 500 people, or;
- the event offers something significantly educational or entertaining beyond what is normally available.
- Sports events: Since the volume of local sporting events would overwhelm the usefulness of 1Calendar.Wetaskiwin, posting guidelines for local sports events are as follows:
- All local amateur sport organizations are encouraged to post their (i) tournaments / play-off games and (ii) registration days.
- Local high schools can also post their league games.
- Professional sport teams can post all games and practices open to the public.
- Political events: Registered political organizations are invited to post local events open to the entire community.
- Religious events: Since the volume of local religious events would overwhelm the usefulness of 1 Calendar, posting guidelines for local religious events are as follows:
- Religious groups are invited to post special events open to the entire community — i.e. events open to non-members beyond regular worship events.
- Event organizers are responsible for checking the accuracy of their event information. Calendar partners do not verify all posted information.
- Recurring community events will generally not be posted.
- The City of Wetaskiwin and its calendar partners are not liable, in any way, for any potential loss, damage or injury related to the content, correct or incorrect, on this website.
- The partners of 1Calendar.Wetaskiwin do not necessarily endorse all posted events.
- The partners of 1Calendar.Wetaskiwin reserve the right to refuse or delete any event in the public interest, at any time, without notification, explanation or remuneration.
This policy is subject to change at any time without notice.